Say for instance 'Wow, you're looking all fatty pattatie' *million dollar smile* ummmm Just because you added a 'Pattatie' at the end Hun doesn't make the Fatty any better!! Or, 'Your face has filled up' ummm ok. What am I supposed to make of that?!?
Anyway, the point being, the compliments were clearly lacking! This got me thinking... What of the compliments I had been giving all my life?? And the following is what I learnt:
1. Everyone can use a 'genuine' compliment at any given point in time...
2. If you look hard enough everyone has a reason to be complimented all the time.
3. If you can't find something to compliment, you're not looking hard enough...
4. Good friends are not just honest in critique they are also generous in compliments
5. You don't need to be friends with someone to compliment them.
6. If you're feeling envious and are hesitating to compliment someone, go right ahead and do it anyway.
7. Don't give half-hearted compliments
8. And having said all this, above everything... don't ever force a compliment.