The cancel culture is a polarizing topic of debate when it comes to someones life/career. however the need to boycott or de-normalize certain toxic behaviors is something that must happen.
When you “cancel” something, you are serving it as a teaching moment and hold people accountable for their statements or certain behaviors.
So let’s talk about toxic behaviors that we all are better off without in 2022 because they have more negative impact on one’s well-being than doing any good.
- Can we please stop gossiping behind other peoples backs? And worse is when we’re sweet to them on their faces and the minute they’re out of sight, you spill the tea on the person next to you.
- So you’re deliberately being rude to someone on social media because you know the mindset people generally have so they’ll click on your profile, probably share screenshots of what you said, share it on their platforms and tag you, and “like” your comment because any kind of publicity is good.
- We need to learn to empathise with other peoples pain instead of invalidating it by pointing out that you’ve had it worse in life as compared to them, so how they feel isn’t as grave as what you’ve been through. The threshold of pain varies from person to person and pain isn’t just physical, it’s also emotional, psychological and verbal at times. So the next time someone is pouring out their heart to you, just listen!
- How one chooses to live their lives shouldn’t be your concern. What they eat, drink or wear – to each their own. So what if someone likes to drink or smoke and party? Be ok with that since it’s not your burden to bear. Let them be. Also, if someone who doesn’t drink or smoke and can have fun, it’s their life. Therefore to dictate anybody’s life is nobody’s concern!
- I tend to share strong and meaningful mental health quotes on social media that I relate to personally and try to practice them in real life also when I’m with other people so I can treat them right. But people who trend to be horrible to people in reality and share mental health quotes need to pause and reflect on their actions, or I don’t know, maybe get HELP!
- Everybody is leading a difficult life in their own ways and cannot be a part of the hustle or rat race that we’re all running right now just so we could be on the top. If a part of your life, be it your home, work or even your mental health is being compromised, or you see people wanting to achieve their goals and think this is the way to go, avoid making them feel guilty of their actions.
- Unless it’s work or something really important that cannot be ignored, let’s normalize not responding to a message immediately. What if I’m not in the physical or psychological state to respond because you’re expecting it? What if I want to think things over and talk to you when I feel like it? Let’s chill on responding to a text as soon as you receive it ok?
- There’s a difference in being harsh and constructive. Harsh means you’re being unpleasant and judging while constructive is meant to help others improve. So be clear on what you want to say when you are giving your opinion.