With the obligatory hand on the chest while greeting someone and deep cries of “Hay der Allah, Haqq der Allah”, Turkish show Dirilis Ertugrul has become an obsession in all Pakistani households. And the impact that it has had on our nation, is somewhat mind blowing as well.
I didn’t realise until I heard people vouching how educational, spiritual and motivational the show is. Besides teaching some really important life lessons like, honor, fame, patience, trust in Allah and fresher perspective on the Islamic culture, Dirilis Ertugrul is humorous and friendly with a gripping story stemming on our religion and guides you with family oriented story line. Something we’ve all managed to focus on during the lockdown.
So, we’re sharing some of our favourite quotes from all the seasons of Dirilis Ertugrul with you because we’ve learnt a thing or from it and are most certain that you will too! They’ve been quiet inspirational.
- If your army is greater than Him (SWT), come and face us
- Love is not in a meeting of the eyes but being as one in the heart
- The victory is not ours, it belongs to Allah. As long as we follow Allah’s path, nobody can bring us to our knees. But if we start to believe victory is ours, if we forget our purpose and contaminate it with our desire for fame, then our Lord will shame us
- Trials and Tribulations are guests sent to the beloved
- We belong to the Ummah of a Prophet (SAW) who couldn’t sleep satiated if his neighbours were hungry. We must show mercy to those in need and come to their aid regardless of their faith or nation
- The tears you shed are clearing away the clouds over your heart
- You lost a castle and a title. But the most precious treasure of a person is their heart and soul. The true losers are those whose hearts and souls are blind
- Do not grieve. There is a door of hope in every moment of life that didn’t end
Which one’s your favourite? Because there are so many.