- Do network your heart out. There is no platform like the fashion week to network with the designers, models, fashion bigwigs and patrons.
- Keep yourself hydrated. The amount of smiling, chatting, standing, sitting, photographing, social media managing you’ll end up doing, it’s important to stay hydrated and energized.
- Figure your look out in advance. Technically you’re on job so the last thing you want to be struggling with 30 minutes short of a show is your clothes.
- Experiment. No better place to experiment with your looks than the fashion week red carpet is all about artistic expression… express yourself and don’t treat it like an award show. Go crazy with your hair, (I’m leaving myself in the very capable hands of Toni&Guy Salon in Khi to design diverse looks with the Toni&Guy HMW product lines – Casual, Classic and Glamour)
- Don’t try to manage too many things. Fashion Weeks are intense enough, keep your days free gearing for the evening… if you try to squeeze too much, chances are you’ll end up missing what you shouldn’t!
- Don’t be a diva! It’s not about you that day but the people showing on the ramp, let the designers be in spotlight and park the cattiness for a day.
- Don’t try out new beauty treatments right before the fashion week. Do your thing, whatever is tried and tested and quintessentially you!
- Don’t fake it. Show genuine appreciation and if possible (and you don’t fear for your life), constructive criticism.