Do you know why it is advised to get warts, skin tags, and moles removed in monsoon? Because it reduces the chances of post-treatment marks. While it is also the official season for eating fried snacks (read pakora’s and samosa’s and see how you can watch what you’re eating) in this season. But let me tell you that your skin, hair, and body need a bit of different upkeep in this season.
MONSOON SKIN CARE TIPS
It is recommended to keep your skin dry to avoid bacteria and fungi flourishing in the folds and crevices of the body. Take a bath every day and then dust an antibacterial powder especially in the folds of skin particularly if you are prone to this type of skin problem. You can get this easily from a local chemist.
- Cleanse thoroughly. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen. Do not overlook sunscreen usage in this weather.
- Besides face moisturize your rest of skin too. You will need to look for a moisturizer with ingredients such as squalene, shea butter, coconut, or almond oil to hydrate your body’s skin.
- Toning your skin is important in any weather but these days it will help to keep oiliness at bay and you will not need to wash our face repeatedly.
- Cut down on makeup usage to avoid clogged pores and resultant breakouts. If you must use waterproof makeup and powder-form cosmetics.
- Do not bleach your skin in this weather as it may damage your skin.
- Staying hydrated is as important as it is in all other seasons so ensure drinking plenty of water to keep your skin in good shape.
- Avoid eating food from outside and steer clear of fried items as doing so will lead to acne and skin problems besides all the fats and weight gain.
WHAT DO DO
QUICK DIY SKIN PACKS
1- Mix a 1 tbsp of besan (gram flour), wheat flour, and make a paste using rose water, honey, and lemon juice. Apply on cleansed face and remove it with a damp towel after it dries.
2- Mix 1 tbsp of aloe with the same amount of curd and sandalwood. Apply on a clean face and remove it with a warm wet towel after 20 minutes.
MONSOON HAIR CARE TIPS
Coming to hair care problems you may face can be dandruff, oily hair, and frizz. To tame frizz use serums and for sake of dandruff use a medicated shampoo. Wash and condition your hair to retain the sheen.
- Just like your skin your hairs also need sun protection. Use a sunscreen hair spray or a scarf/umbrella to protect your hair from sun damage.
- Do not tie wet hair as it increases the likelihood of fungal infections and lice.
- Use a milder shampoo because you may need to wash your hair more frequently compared to other days due to the build-up of sweat and grime. Make sure to use milder shampoo when washing your hair more than twice a week.
- DON’T DYE YOUR HAIR in this weather
It is fine to take skin treatments, rejuvenation peels in this season but it is better to use natural ingredients compared to commercial ones. One because it is easy on the pocket and secondly because these are no good times to head out of your home. Thanks to the thing we call the Corona virus.
Lastly it may seem fun to getting drenched in rain water but avoiding this will save you many skin and hair problems. Additionally do not forget to wash off with a good antibacterial soap after getting wet in rain.
Happy monsoon fellas. Enjoy while staying safe and dont forget to protect your skin all year round.