Always consult your pediatrician before introducing nuts to your kid for the first time as nut allergies are common finding these days. These recipes are for kids 5 years and above.
Nuts are powerhouses of energy and are packed with nutrients along with antioxidants. Cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, and pistachio are all easily available in our part of the world(let’s pretend we do not know what is a chilghoza!) With vitamins, minerals healthy fats protein, and fiber nuts are a sure shot way to balance your kid’s diet. But many kids may not like these as such and you need to do some efforts to add this natural goodness their daily diet.
Here we are offering a fix. Adopt these easy peasy ways to add nuts to your kid’s diet and thank us later.
MAKE NUTS POWDER
A powder made of mixed nuts is a great way to add nutrition and taste to kids’ diets. You can use this in milk, in shakes, also as a topping on desserts.
MAC N CHEESE WITH WALNUTS
Add nuts to mac and cheese an all-time favorite for kids. You can prepare mac and cheese as usual and top with roughly crushed walnuts along with cheese before baking.
FRUITS & PEANUT BUTTER
Cut some fruits in different shapes and lightly spread peanut butter over these top with cocoa powder and chocolate chips if desired. Bananas are the best bet for this recipe.
GLAZED NUTS WITH JAGGERY
Make a sweet treat at home which is super nutritious as well.
- In a pan melt 100grams of jaggery.
- When it starts to bubble add 50grams each of crushed peanuts, coconut powder, crushed walnuts, and almonds.
- Turn off the flame and mix well.
- Transfer to a setting tray and cut in desired shapes once it cools down.
- You can wrap these in colorful wrappings and le your kids have these instead of other candies.
- You can add almonds to vegetable chicken stir fry. Adding mixed nuts to yogurt can also be tried.