Gosh I love the combination of coconut milk, cherry tomatoes and basil and that’s what I did next for Amo Cooks, I’m sharing the recipe for Oven Baked Chicken in Coconut Milk. Every time I want to try something exciting, I throw in a few things from my pantry that aid in optimizing my health. And this particular recipe is derived from my palette that I’ve developed from my travels in the far east.
So, I’m sharing the recipe from the Amo Cooks series; Oven Baked Chicken in Coconut Milk with the promise that you will also try it and let me know if you loved it as much as I did.
AMO COOKS: OVEN BAKED CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK
- 2 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- Bunch of basil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (optional)
- Heat a grill pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grill chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes each side and set aside.
- Take the remaining oil in an oven proof skillet and heat it. Add the garlic and onions till onions are translucent.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add basil and coconut milk and cook till the leaves are wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan. Add salt at this point if you feel the sauce needs it.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the grilled chicken.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 C and add the pan for about 25 minutes. Depending how thick your chicken is. My time estimate is according to KnN chicken breast size.