- Exercise before iftar: this will only result in muscle loss and temporary weight loss, which will come back before you know it.
- Miss exercise in the month of ramzan: light exercise, no cardio, nearly half hour after a light Iftar followed by dinner.
- Combine iftar and dinner: even though the time is such, but you body needs the nutrition. Break you fast and then do some light exercise, followed by dinner.
- Start iftar with carbs [pakora, samosa]: after 16 hours, your body is not ready to process the complex carbs so it is better to start your system and then move to complex carbs.
- Try to lose weight in ramzan: going in a heavy diet or weight loss regime will only be temporarily fruitful.
- Do Cardio workout: your body is already in a catabolic state and cardio will make it worst.
- Eat a heavy sehri containing protein, fats and carbs: you need all the energy during the day so do not think of going the protein only route, you will not be doing your body any favors in the month.
- Exercise after iftar: do not go running 5 kms, instead to strengthening and toning exercises
- Start iftar with water based refreshing drink like nimbo pani: you will instantly feel your entire days thirst and hunger pangs subside thanks to water and the vitamin C
- Have dinner after light iftar: if you had a light Iftar and exercised, you deserve a treat, and we don’t mean a burger, but a balanced hearty meal to reward yourself.
- Eat adequate amount of protein daily: don’t skip out on your daily requirement of protein for muscle repair and organ function.
- Lift weights: best time to make sure you use muscle development for fat loss.