Many times we find it a challenge decorating a small room in a way so that it looks larger than it really is. We know the classic use lighter shade of paint, let natural light flow in, use strategic lighting and mirrors in the room to make a room look larger than it really is. However it is very important to use furniture in the right way to make a small room seem spacious and bigger. We spoke to the furniture experts at Dolce Vita Home who recently launched their entire home décor range including some breathtaking furniture (don’t forget to visit the store in Gulberg, Lahore or Centaurus, Islamanad), here are 7 tips and tricks that will help you decorate your furniture in the ever so tricky small room:
- Place larger pieces of furniture against the wall so that open space in the middle is not broken up.
- Having oversized sofas or too much furniture will make the room look crammed and small. Make sure the furniture in a small room is on scale. Also move the furniture out of the walkways, if you can see the floor of a room, the room will look bigger.
- Try to have some pieces that match the color of some walls in the room. This way the pieces will blend with the interior and give a more open, un crammed look.
- Tall furniture can make the ceiling look lower than it actually is leading to a crammed look. Make sure the proportions are correct to get the desired affect of spaciousness in the room.
- Choose sofas and chairs with open arms and exposed legs, A glass table is also a great way to keep the appearance of an open and a free space.
- Using multifunctional furniture is a smart way to tackle the storage problem as well as using it for various purposes. A low lying chest can be used as a coffee table, sofa cum beds in a small bedroom can be multipurpose. Use an expendable dining table, folding chairs and tables that can be tucked away when not needed.
- The longest straight line in a room is diagonal, which is why setting furniture at an angle can make a room look more stylish and roomy since the eye is led along a longer distance rather than a shorter wall, also providing extra storage spaces in the corners.
There you have it. Several ways of using the furniture right to make the most of the limited space you might find yourself challenged with and ensuring your home stays cozy and well furnished.
A good read about how to arrange your room’s Furniture to create a better ambiance in the room and also feel comfortable as well. Good job for the article