We’re back in the second round of Amo Cooks. The past few weeks we’ve tried a couple of new dishes that are going to blow you away. But today, we’re sharing a very special and easy recipe that not only tastes good, but it’s super easy to make.
A holistic and simple approach towards what you consume can completely change your relationship with food. I want to treat myself better which is why I started focusing on my Amo Cooks series.
Salmon is by far my favourite fish to cook. Its full of flavour and protein, which makes it a great choice for a good balanced meal. There are many ways of making salmon. Grill it, bake it, pan fry it or just have it as it is, salmon is really the king of flavours when it comes to seafood.
Here is a fool proof recipe for pan fried salmon teriyaki. Teriyaki is a Japanese sauce abundantly available off the shelf, but also as easily created in your kitchen with pantry staples. So of you like creating things from scratch this recipe is for you… Enjoy
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 salmon skinless filets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce It is important to use low sodium. I find regular makes the sauce too salty
- ⅛ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil to a medium bowl
- Add half of the marinade to a zip lock bag and the other half to a small saucepan and set aside
- Place the salmon filets in the zip lock bag and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Add salmon filets making sure not to overcrowd the pan
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side (however you like)
- Meanwhile heat the reserved marinade in the saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Add cornstarch and water to a small bowl and whisk to combine
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture to the marinade and simmer until thickened
- Serve immediately with the teriyaki sauce drizzled on top
I MADE IT
Try our Veggie Burger Recipe also.