I push myself to cook anything that looks daunting to me which is why Amo Cooks has been a regular series on our blog. Since Pizza’s are generally all carbs and not enough proteins, however this Veggie Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust is a very healthy option, is GF and better quality carbs.
I love the response that I’ve received with Amo Cooks which is why I am always trying out new things and want to share recipes that are not just easy to make but provide ample nutrients to the body, mind and soul. I want to make eating a full experience. So here’s the third recipe, a Veggie Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust. I post daily updates on my gram here.
FOR THE BASE
- 1 cup (235 g) mashed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup (120 g) white rice flour
- 1/3 cup (40 g) tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking spray
FOR THE SAUCE
- Half can of tomatoes with some balsamic Vinegar, garlic bulbs, salt and pepper to taste blitzed in a processor
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- Sundried tomatoes
Black pitted olives
- Peel and chop one medium sweet potato into chunks (about 3 cm) and boil it in a pot with water for about 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Discard the water and mash the sweet potato with a potato masher (I used the same pot). You’ll need 1 cup (235 g) of mashed sweet potato for this recipe.Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Add rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder + salt and mix with a spoon.
- Once the mixture cooled down a little bit, use your hands to knead the pizza dough into a ball. If the dough is too dry, add a tiny bit of water or oil. If it’s too sticky, add more rice flour.
- Place the pizza dough onto a sheet of greased baking or parchment paper and add a second sheet of parchment paper on top. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into your preferred shape.
- Remove the top parchment paper (don’t throw it away, you will need it again) and transfer the rolled out pizza dough (including the bottom sheet of parchment paper) onto a baking sheet. Bake the pizza dough in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pizza dough from the oven. Add the second parchment paper on top, and carefully flip the pizza dough over.
- If the crust is too hot, simply wait a few minutes. Now, peel back the hot parchment paper.
- I made two medium sized crusts
Spread the sauce and add the toppings. Sprinkle with cheese and back in the over for another 10 to 12 mins.
Last week I posted the recipe for Teriyaki Salmon.