Have you ever thought that your diet plan can depend on your blood type? Probably, no. But, a naturopath doctor, Dr Peter D’ Adamo came up with an idea that if your diet plan is not working, it has something to do with your blood type. So, he brought a blood type diet to make sure you are eating the right food for your type of blood.
WHAT IS A BLOOD TYPE DIET?
According to him, the food reacts chemically with your blood. When you give the right elements to your blood, it will make the digestion of food efficient. By following this diet plan, your body will respond more effectively to cutting down your weight. You will also prevent diseases and be more active as your blood works faster.
It is better if you go for a blood test if you do not know your blood group already. After knowing your blood group, you can mold your diet in the prescribed way to cut down fat faster than ever. This way you will look more fit and healthy. So, here is what everyone should and should not eat according to their blood type diet.
BLOOD TYPE DIET FOR GROUP A
Foods that blood type A could eat include the following:
Vegetables, fruit, grains, beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
Foods that Type A people should avoid:
Processed food, meat, fish, poultry, dairy products, and eggs.
People with blood group A must do calming exercises like yoga and golf.
BLOOD TYPE DIET FOR GROUP B
Foods that blood type B could eat include the following:
Poultry, fish, meat, beans, vegetables, fruits, grains, eggs, and dairy.
Foods that Type B people should avoid:
Seeds, nuts, and processed foods.
Walking, hiking, and playing sports like tennis.
BLOOD TYPE DIET FOR GROUP AB
Foods that blood type AB could eat include the following:
People with Blood type AB can enjoy foods eaten by both Type A and B. It is for them to opt for a vegan diet instead of non-vegetarian foods to stay healthy.
Food that Type AB should avoid:
AB people should avoid processed food.
Exercises that Blood Type AB can do include both calming and moderate intensity exercises.
BLOOD TYPE DIET FOR GROUP O
Foods that blood type O could eat include the following:
Type O people could eat meat, fish, poultry and other items in a limit like seeds, nuts, eggs, and vegetables.
Food that Type O should avoid:
Processed food, grains, bread, rice, pasta, beans, and dairy.
People with O blood group should go for vigorous exercises like cardio, weightlifting, running, biking, swimming, etc.
PROS OF BLOOD TYPE DIET
- Promotes Exercise: Along with a diet plan, this diet type encourages people to add exercise to their routine to stay healthy and make diet effective.
- Focuses on Whole Food: Instead of promoting processed food, Blood type diet recommends to eat whole food.
- Well-Rounded Diet Plan: Each diet plan includes all types of nutrients that give healthy calories to the body. It helps in staying fit.
CONS OF BLOOD TYPE DIET
- Not Backed By Science: There is no strong evidence in the study of science that prove the effectiveness of this type of diet.
- Restrictive: Blood type diet for Group A and O are too limited. There are not many options for these people to add to their diet. It results in lack of vitamins and nutrients intake.
- Not All Food Groups: Food from all food groups is not included in all the blood groups. Dieters may take one food at the cost of missing the benefits of other food groups.
WHY IS BLOOD TYPE DIET GAINING POPULARITY?
Blood Type Diet is gaining popularity among people because people realize that one shoe does not fit all. People are more diet conscious and it encourages people to eat everything according to their blood group. This diet is not difficult at all. People are also encouraged to go for exercises to stay healthy and prevent diseases.
Leave a Reply