If you’re from Lahore (or not), then you must have been a part of the Lahore Music Meet at least once in the three years of its outset, and that also for a pretty awesome reason – because it’s one of the biggest two-day musical festivity of live band performances ranging from diverse backgrounds, and pays homage to the patrons of music through panel discussions and storytelling with the finest of artists that Pakistan has produced.
And if this isn’t rousing enough, here are a few more reasons why we think you should not miss the LAHORE MUSIC MEET 18′ this season:
- The lineup of performers is ELECTRIFYING. There aren’t going to be any metal bands, instead you are going to witness the finest artists from diverse ethnic backgrounds ranging in genres from folk, pop rock, indie bands and qawwali. How’s that for melodic variation?!
- KASHMIR will be performing LIVE
- Looking to indulge in the music of the sufis? Pakistan’s qawwal maestros Farid Ayyaz and Abbu Muhammad will be performing on Day 2
- The art work by Sana Nasir will make you reminisce and live through the nostalgia and growth of music in our culture
- You will get to take home the musical extravaganza through LMM merchandise that will be sold on the venue such as notebooks, badges and cards
- Lahore’s scintillating weather will rile up your weekend with an outdoor concert that’s going to sum up the spirit of Pakistani music
Leave a Reply