Located within the heart of Lahore, Alpha is a fresh approach to education. It is a Cambridge International School with a curriculum that focuses on Early and Primary Years, so that the holistic development of the students starts right from a young age.
Alpha’s Pre-Foundation, Foundation Year 1 and Foundation Year 2 are based on the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), a statutory framework implemented in the United Kingdom, that sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from 2.6 and above to up to five years of age. EYFS provides a well-balanced curriculum framework emphasising on language development, intellectual, social, emotional and motor skills and encourages independence in a child.
- Alpha’s international curriculum ensures that its students get trained to compete with students from developed countries all over the world, while being based in Pakistan.
- Alpha’s curriculum is based on a practical, hands on approach and actively encourages young children to take part in activities and make use of all their faculties.
- The focus areas for the students are Literacy, Communication and Language, Understanding the World, Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Creative Art and Expression, Physical Development and Health and Mathematics.
- The EYFS curriculum trains students for progression on to other educational systems, such as the International Baccalaureate and American High School Diploma.
- For Year Group Pre-Foundation, the average age of students to be admitted is 2.6+, for Foundation Year One, the average age is 3.6+ and for Foundation Year Two, the average age of students to be granted admission is 4.6+. Alpha has an easy admissions policy and an open door approach. Parents and guardians are welcome to call or visit the school anytime and witness for themselves, the progressive approach to education that Alpha offers.
- Alpha’s teachers have been carefully handpicked to deal with the challenging curriculum that they have been tasked, to impart to the students. Most of the teachers have studied internationally and have years of experience teaching at some of the best educational institutions in Pakistan. In addition, the classroom sizes are kept small, so the teachers can give individual attention to every student that attends Alpha.
Alpha has a purpose built campus where students can immerse themselves in learning in a comfortable environment. The technology integrated classrooms are colourful, spacious, well-furnished and well-lit and there are designated drama, music, art and cooking studios. There is a fully equipped laboratory in which students master the latest developments in STEM education.
- There is also a playground in which students have access to the latest fun rides. In addition, there is also a swimming pool and an athletic field in which students attend the morning assembly and can run around, explore and take part in different sports.
- The co-curriculum activities are engaging and diverse at Alpha. Students can take part in sports, music, arts and crafts, drama and experience interesting cultural trips across Lahore. Different days are also celebrated at the school for example the Universal Children’s Day, so that students learn the importance of the rights of children under the United Nations Charter. All of these days are celebrated keeping in mind the social and personal development of the students, and to turn them into a ‘citizen of the world’, right from the very beginning.
- Alpha also offers a unique homework policy. Teachers assist the students with their homework during a homework period at the end of the school day, so that they can consolidate concepts that they have learned throughout the day. This enables the students to spend quality time with their families at home, without having to worry about finishing their homework.
A lot of people however, feel that seeing is believing, so visit the Alpha’s campus in Lahore at 30 Industrial Area, Gurumangat Road, Gulberg III or call at +92 42 35773011. Learn more about how Alpha is committed to fulfilling its vision of creating an unwavering legacy of learners and responsible citizens, determined to make an enduring impact on the global community!
Leave a Reply