Salsa is one of the best party snacks to have with chips, tacos, burritos and so forth. But, if you’re a solo party goer (like me, lol) I like to have some salsa stored in the fridge for “me time” when I want to chillax with a movie + snack.
Oh! Talking about odd food combo’s, how does unsalted popcorn’s with salsa sound? (mmm.. nvm!)
So we’re going to share one our homemade salsa recipe (and the easiest by far) so you can also enjoy this must-have dip/snack that hardly takes 10 minutes to make. Even though everybody has their own recipe, tips and tricks, it took me a while to whip this one up right and now I can’t get enough of it!
HOT TIPS FOR THE BEST SALSA… EVER!
- ALWAYS use freshest ingredients!
- Dont puree the salsa because some texture is a good thing here!
- Let the homemade salsa chill first for an even tastier effect. I generally leave it over night and use it the next day!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Fresh tomatoes (try using the nice red ones, that are more sturdy and less soft)
- Canned tomatoes (optional) – adding these gives a nice consistency with smaller chunks with saucy ones
- Fresh cilantro
- Jalapenos (and if you don’t like the heat) replace them with bell peppers
- Fresh garlic for the flavor punch
- Lemon juice for brightness
- Chili powder and cumin (optional)
- Sugar to balance out the acidity
- Salt n’ pepper
WHAT TO DO
- You can either use a food processor or a blender – your choice. You can even hand stir it like salad!
- Chop the veggies (tomatoes, cliantro, peppers, garlic)
- Add everything together in the food processor/ blender with the lemon juice and spices
- Chop it in bursts until it looks textured instead of paste
- Pour it in a container and refrigerate it for a few hours so all the flavors can ooze their juices and mesh into each other
HOW LONG WILL SALSA LAST
If you store salsa in a sealed glass container, it should last about a week.
Leave a Reply