Whether you are an early bird or a night owl, you need to have a good start to the day. If the day doesn’t begin with an oomph, chances are your entire day will get botched. I for one am an early bird, and if I don’t get a cup of coffee, my workout and my morning dose of uplifting music straight away, you don’t wanna know me.
Recently, there has been a general lul around town. My office peeps Sana and Areesh are working at the pace just enough to beat a snail. My husband, who has always preached the active lifestyle is gaining a few inches because he doesn’t go for his morning run, even my toddler is not chirping around like a bird rather dragging his feet about the house in the morning. Which has made me feel something is missing in the mornings.
‘I don’t know what it is but I haven’t felt one bit attracted to a girl in college for a month,’ explained my incorrigible flirt cousin, who like me feels his mornings and his days aren’t the same.
‘I almost extracted the wrong tooth the other day because I am just not myself in the day,’ exclaimed my dentist during my scaling session (and scaled my lower molars twice thanks to his distraction).
So I made a list of things people need to make the mornings (hence their days) great again.
1. Morning work outs with good pumped up music to get the blood circulation going.
2. A green smoothy to make you feel fresh and detoxed.
3. Getting rid of newspapers and news sites, so you can get your head straight before indulging in worldly jargon.
4. A healthy breakfast, make sure you increase the protein intake and reduce starch, which can make you lethargic.
5. Reducing road rage, by tuning into good music and conversation.