The in-between of changing seasons can be a stressful time for your health in general and for your skin in particular. When summer changes to autumn and then winter, your skin can go through some unexpected and drastic changes. Some people suffer from patchy dry skin, whilst others can experience sudden bouts of acne. To ensure that your skin remains healthy and at its best during this season, we asked Rema Taseer, Co-Founder of Conatural on how to solve our winter skin blues.
- What is the biggest concern when it comes to Autumn/ Winter skincare?
Dryness is the biggest concern during the winter season.
- Why should you change your skincare routine for the autumn/winter season?
As the weather changes, the skin type changes. Oily skin type in summer can change to Combination skin type; and Normal skin type can change to Dry skin. One should use products that are suitable to their skin type in a particular season.
- What is the biggest misconception when it comes to winter skincare?
Most people think ‘detoxification’ should only be done in summer. This is not true. You need to detoxify your skin in winters as well to remove dust and impurities from the pores. A Dead Sea Mud Mask should be used once or twice a week.
- Many people find it very hard to hydrate as often in the winter as opposed to the summer, what would you recommend for keeping skin hydrated?
Water intake should be increased to 8-10 glasses a day. Conatural has an extensive skincare range to cater to the varying needs of different skin types and problems. Our winter skincare range includes Essential Day Cream, Advanced Super Revitalise Whitening Cream, Ultra Body Butter, Ultra Moisturising Organic Hand & Nail Cream and Nourishing Goat’s Milk Soap with Shea Butter.
- Why do lips become dry and cracked in the winter and what is the best solution for it?
Lips can become dry and cracked due to low water intake and dry weather. Conatural’s Organic Lip Balms can be used to keep them moisturized without using products that are loaded with chemicals.
- What is the easiest solution for taking care of dry skin in the winter?
Easiest solution to take care of dry skin in winter would be to “moisturise” and to keep oneself hydrated.
- What is your skincare regime for this season?
I wash my face with Conatural’s Nourishing Goat’s Milk Soap with Shea Butter, which is also a great cleanser. Before applying my makeup I use the Essential Day Cream and at night before bed I use the Advanced Super Revitalize Whitening Cream, which are both by Conatural. I also use the Conatural’s Instant Glow Face Mask once a week to give my skin a polished finish.
I find the Ultra Moisturising Organic Hand & Nail Cream a great way to keep my hands soft in this weather.
- Skin often becomes very dull in the winter. What would you recommend to keep out skin feeling and looking fresh?
I would recommend exfoliating twice a week with Conatural’s Better than Ubtan Face & Body Scrub with Radiance Oil Blend or using the Instant Glow Mask to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh.
- Many people with otherwise normal skin often end up with dry patches in the winter. How does one balance out hydration for such a condition?
To battle dry skin in this weather, water intake should be increased. Conatural’s winter skin care range can be used which includes: Essential Day Cream, Advanced Super Revitalise Whitening Cream, Organic Lip Balm, Ultra Moisturising Organic Hand & Nail Cream, Nourishing Goat’s Milk Soap with Shea Butter, and Ultra Body Butter.
- What should one do about dry elbows and knees?
I would recommend that people who have dry elbows and knees should moisturise with Conatural’s Ultra Body Butter regularly.
Conatural is the only producer of 100% organic products in Pakistan. They have an extensive skin; body and hair care range for various skin and hair types. Their entire range can be found on: https://www.conaturalintl.com
Leave a Reply