Strings – A Wholesome Music Journey
Music bands’ breakups are very common. Usually, at the peak of their careers, bands always end up due to their creative differences or some other reasons. It is very hard to recall any musical band which kept united for a long time!
Strings are one of the very few musical bands to which people of different age groups can associate or connect themselves. Every song by Strings has a separate fan base. This Band has ruled over our hearts for more than three decades. Well, after entertaining us for almost about 33 years Strings the musical band decided to split their ways as any other band does.
They announced this heartbreaking news through their Instagram official account Strings online where they posted a note. Thanking their fans for their ultimate support and love over the years and declaring 25/03/21 as a breakup for strings.
Strings has a special place in our hearts. It’s not just a musical rock band who gave us some melodious hits but they also cherished our childhood. People responded to this post in a very emotional way. They demand the last concert with a full vibe so that they can properly say goodbye to an ultimate journey!!!
Many social media influencers also pen downed their special memories with string music.
While we all are saddened by the news, let us give a trip to the Strings journey, their remarkable performances, and their contribution to Pakistan’s music industry.
Strings was a hard rock band made in 1988 by four college students. In 1992 two members left the band with Faisal Kapadia and Bilal Maqsood as the main lead. Faisal Kapadia served as vocalist and Bilal Maqsood as vocalist and Guitarist. They took Pakistani Pop Culture to the next level!!
- They released their first album in 1990 under the banner of EMI Records. Strings sold 20,000 copies during its first week after the release of its first album.
- Their rhythms and melodious, poetic songs were written by Anwar Maqsood. A few songs were also musician Bilal Maqsood which is his son.
- “Sar Kiye Yeh Pahar” was the first hit and aired on MTV Asia.
- Strings’ music was influenced by Eastern classical music and Western rhythms.
- Songs like “Duur” and “Sar Kiye Yeh Pahar” and “Kahani Mohabbat Ki” are examples of this influence.
- They addressed many issues through their music such as world peace.
- Their music such as “Ab Khud Kuch Karna Paray Ga”, “Beirut”, “Jeet Lo Dil” and “Titliyan” kept the national spirit high.
- Many band singles have been used on soundtracks for Bollywood and Hollywood films.
- The song “Najane Kyun” was featured in Spider-Man 2 in 2004.
- Zinda Hoon” from the movie Zinda
- Aakhri Alvida of Shootout at Lokhandwala
- Strings were named Asia’s favorite band at the MTV Asia Awards.
Awards and Nominations
Strings were international famous artists. They won a list of awards for their finest contributions to the industry.
MTV Music Awards (2009)
- Best Band
- Best Album
The Musik Awards 2006
- Most wanted band
- Best lyrics ( Akhiri Alvida)
Lux Style Award
- Best Video ( Anjaane )
- Best Live Act in Music 2008
Indus Music Awards
- For contributions to pop music
MTV Asia Awards
- Best artist
- Most Favourite Band, 2005
Jazz Indus Music Awards
- Best lyrics (Zinda)
- Best Band